Rules and Guidelines
Any student in grades 3 through 12 may enter ThinkCERCA’s CERCA Slam poetry and recitation contest.
NOTE: All submissions must include a completed permission slip to be considered. Download form here.
Students may submit:
- An original, written poem
- An audio or video performance of an original poem
- An audio or video performance of a previously published poem
Students may submit as individuals or as a group.
Winning entries will…
- Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, description, and inflection.
- Use precise words and phrases, relevant descriptive details, and sensory language.
- Express ideas clearly.