Your ThinkCERCA SSM will send you an email to schedule a planning call. This planning call is the first step to ensuring success with ThinkCERCA rollout! A few critical steps for you to consider before the phone call:
- Who will support you as you rollout ThinkCERCA? Who is a key individual (teacher, coach, assistant principal, school secretary, or other) that will be responsible for ensuring communication and resources from ThinkCERCA make their way to all the teachers using ThinkCERCA?
- Who will attend the call with you?
- Would you prefer a phone call or do you want to do a screen share, in which your ThinkCERCA SSM will share their screen and be able to walk you through some critical resources?
In order to select a ThinkCERCA Lead Teacher, please consider the following questions:
- Do they have a solid understanding of implementing technology in the classroom?
- Are they timely in responding to e-mails and phone calls?
- Will they be able to support their colleagues with immediate questions or be able to compile questions to take to the ThinkCERCA SSM?
Once you have selected your ThinkCERCA Lead Teacher, please introduce them over email to the ThinkCERCA SSM and, if possible, have them attend the planning meeting so that they can best support the launch and implementation of ThinkCERCA.
Planning Call with ThinkCERCA
During the planning call, your ThinkCERCA SSM will ask you about your goals for using ThinkCERCA in your school. Please consider the following questions:
- What skills are you hoping to address by using ThinkCERCA?
- Why did you select ThinkCERCA? What does the platform offer that you are drawn toward?
- How often would you like teachers to use ThinkCERCA?
- After a full year of using ThinkCERCA, what do you want your data to look like?
- With your ThinkCERCA SSM, you will also need to plan out some specific dates and times for the ThinkCERCA Online Training (found at: thinkcerca.com/training). ThinkCERCA recommends that you complete the training videos within two weeks. Here are some guides for scheduling the online training.
Review Online Training
Before you facilitate (or assign) the online training, please make sure to review it yourself in case you have any questions. Your ThinkCERCA SSM can guide you in identifying the best process to use the online training during a school-based professional development.
Please keep in mind that the other components of this tool-kit include protocols and comprehension checks for each stage of the online training!
Create a ThinkCERCA Account
Your ThinkCERCA SSM will share with you steps to create your ThinkCERCA account with your school specific upgrade code. If you would like to create your account ahead of time, please follow the directions linked here.