Leveled Reading and Writing Lessons About Social Impact
Teach your students to become active, global citizens through our curated bank of social impact reading and writing lessons. These lessons encourage students to learn about the social entrepreneurs, organizations, and ideas having a positive impact on society through real-world stories provided by our partners and other authentic sources, and reflect our focus on collaboration, literacy, technology, society, and culture. Through these lessons, students will build the skills necessary to recognize, analyze, and solve problems in their own communities. Sign up for a free account to view these lessons >>
Additional Reading Practice Lessons for Grades 3-5
Additional Reading Practice Lessons for Grades 6-8
Additional Reading Practice Lessons for Grades 9-10
Additional Reading Practice Lessons for Grades 11-12
Differentiated Applied Reading & Writing Lessons for Grades 4-12
- Entrepreneurship: How can entrepreneurs change the world?
- Businesses: How do businesses make money?
- Kid Inventors: What impact have young people’s inventions had on the world?
- Intellectual Property: What are the opportunities and challenges in using other people’s ideas?
- Social Responsibility: How do individuals stand up and take responsibility for changing their societies?
- Perseverance: How do we overcome challenges in our country, our communities, and our lives?
- Water Purification: Should scientists focus their research efforts on water purification or methods for reducing water pollution?
- A Better Battery: How are scientists addressing the need for increasingly powerful, long-lasting, and safe batteries?