Rules for Entry
- Any student in grades 3-12 may enter ThinkCERCA’s Social Impact Challenge.
- All students must submit a pitch deck (for example, Powerpoint, Google Slides or Prezi) or video for a for-profit business that addresses a social or envrionmental issue as part of their submission.
- Students may submit as individuals or as a group.
- Entries must be submitted with a completed permission slip for every student.
- The entry must include the student’s name, school name, city and state, teacher’s name, and current grade. Please make sure we will be able to contact you via the e-mail you used to submit the pitch.
- All entries should be submitted through our submissions page.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on January 27, 2017.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Winning Entries Will…
- Use narrative techniques, clear claims, evidence, reasoning, acknowledgement of counterarguments, and language that will appeal to others who can help move the enterprise forward. This could include strong visuals that help tell the story in powerful ways.
- Define the problem to solve, its causes, and a proposed solution using relevant and descriptive details.
- Use precise words and phrases and relevant descriptive details.
- Three prizes will be awarded, one for each of the following grade bands: 3-5; 6-8; 9-12.
- Receive prizes including: a $100 Amazon gift card, feedback from real-world entrepreneurs on the social impact business idea, and a pizza party for the winning classrooms.
- Be announced early February 2017.
- With permission, they will be featured in a blog entry.